Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
a_kimpton1970
Follower
Follower

I’m thinking of installing a Seagate storage device onto my Arlo Base station and Arlo Pro 2 Cameras.  At present I have cloud storage through the Arlo.cm website but I’m wondering if anyone can advise of problems they may have encountered

and if It affected the Cloud Backup for 7days

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, the max supported size is only 2 TB  ( due to the max size of a fat32 formated section )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, the USB drive has nothing to do with cloud recordings - it's a backup. ANd even a 2TB drive is gross overkill for almost every situation - it would have years of videos stored in most cases. A 32-64GB thumb drive is cheaper, easier to mout and dismount, takes less space and will hold an awful lot of videos.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I'm with @jguerdat on the size of the USB storage. I step in only to say that if you really want to record local life for as long as possible, some people use 128 GB drives. (Perhaps they have access to free USB drives.)  The largest I have seen reported is 256 GB. But that is for cameras with higher resolution, and larger files, than Pro 2 cameras. I don't know if they would work in a Pro 2 hub.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

The largest I have seen reported is 256 GB. But that is for cameras with higher resolution, and larger files, than Pro 2 cameras. I don't know if they would work in a Pro 2 hub.

It should, since we are talking about a USB hard drive or thumb drive - not the micro-SD card that the ultra base uses.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation