Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Way Talk Does Not Sound Clear

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

We can’t understand the vocal sound coming from the camera (all four cameras) when standing outside. Sound is unintelligible. Firmware’s were updated when installed.  We resync the cameras, rebooted the base station, cameras are fully charged, the iOS on my I phone is current and just updated.

Arlo software on computer is 2.5.5

Settings sound on all four cameras are on.  A

2 REPLIES 2
man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the Arlo Pro 2 two way talk better than Ring camera?

We just installed our new Arlo Pro 2 with 4 cameras. The two way talk sound is severely degraded on all cams especially talking through a device to the Cam.  The sound from a person talking to the cam is some what understand able. We have been troubleshooting for the last 4 days.  Tried i phone, i pad, laptop, android and pixel phone. All devises are current and all cams...reboot, resync, tweaked the router, check our bandwidth for latency or dropped packets..None found. We have 200mb bandwidth...  I don’t believe we bought a system with 4 bad cams. Our daughter has a Ring system and there 2 way talk is crystal clear.. For 800 bucks I would expect the 2way talk to sound clear.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi man00dude,

Can you try and move your camera closer to your Base Station & test the 2 Way Talk Feature again. This way we can see if there is some interference happening within the environment.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation