Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to turn on and record when motion is detected but getting "Base Station Getting Information"

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
alissaangelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just installed our cameras outside today. I want them to turn on and record when motion is detected. I’m having trouble finding where in the app to set this up. I have the most up to date app. I went to the Mode menu because of an article I saw on this site said that’s where to set up motion detection. Problem is when I go there it shows “Base Station Getting Information” is what I see on my phone and can’t go anywhere (picture attached). Any suggestions of how I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alissaangelo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there, thank you for the reply! I ended up getting it to work by doing a hard reset on the base station itself. I tried via the app and it didn’t change anything but going to the actual base station did the trick.

Now I need to figure out why the rule I set up keeps dropping cameras randomly from it.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try force closing the app and reopen it. What are the base LEDs showing? Are you using a VPN?

alissaangelo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there, thank you for the reply! I ended up getting it to work by doing a hard reset on the base station itself. I tried via the app and it didn’t change anything but going to the actual base station did the trick.

Now I need to figure out why the rule I set up keeps dropping cameras randomly from it.

Thanks again!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using WiFi on the smartphone?  If the wifi at the location is marginal, you might get better results if you turn wifi off for the test.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation