Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I agree , video quality is fading

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Leeboy
Star
Star

Hi everyone , this is my first post .  We are going on our 2nd year with a 4 pack camera kit. When we first got them , I’m 99% sure they were a lot more clearer than recently. 
What I notice , is like it’s always trying to focus.  It’s not bad when it’s set at normal camera distance , but any type of zoom starts to distort the picture.  We have full strength internet signal. I’ve rebooted the router, re-powered  the base station ,video quality always on best  and nothing seems to help.  I took a video of the newest camera we installed a few weeks ago.  This car is about 22 feet away in broad daylight. We can’t even make out the license plate . I took a 15 second video and zoomed in on the plate. You can see what is happening the way it’s starts to get fuzzy.  I feel the cameras als it useless if you wanted to zoom in on a intruders face . The moment you zoom , they distort.  Any ideas ?  ( link to video below) 

https://streamable.com/3mc7c

5 REPLIES 5
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I'm surprised it took you this long to notice. You aren't the only one dealing with this. 😝

For me all this tinky started around May/June 2019.

The quality is absolute CRAP.

We have been told they are working on it and should have a fix soon.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Johnny87
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree. I have the ultra and quality got really bad. Any update on this??? I keep checking cameras individually and no new update.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Leeboy
Star
Star

Here is a live video I recorded the other night 

https://streamable.com/klprt

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Leeboy wrote:

Here is a live video I recorded the other night 

It'd be more useful to share an actual recording, instead of making a video of a screen.

Knowing the camera model and recording settings would also be good.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation