Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to swap arlo pro 2 and keep asking for subscription is required

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Beaudry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to swap arlo pro 2 and keep asking for subscription is required. I know you can only have a max 5 cameras. So I removed an old arlo 720 and added new arlo pro 2. But it keeps asking for "This device is inactive. A paid Arlo Smart subscription is required" . I have tried to restart base and app and still says the same thing. Any one know the fix ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beaudry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so I am able to add all 3 new Arlo Pro 2 Cameras to my profile. Looks like when I turned the WIFI on my cell phone I was able to add them without the subscription. Now all 5 cameras are up and running great. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How many cameras show in Settings, My Devices? When you removed the "old 720", did you use the Remove button at the bottom of the camera settings to do so? The free 7 day, 5 camera plan is still available for these cameras so it's a matter of having only 5 cameras synced. 

A possible alternative, if it still is available, is to move a camera to Inactive so the new camera is then capable of being moved to Active. I have a subscription so I can't check to see where this is but I'd guess it would either be in My Devices or Subscription.

Beaudry
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Devices - shows 5 cameras & base. One of the 5 is also the new Arlo 2 camera that will not turn on with out a subscription. I have even remove a 2nd one of my old cameras so down to 4 on my devices list and still same problem. It will not let any of the new cameras  turn on to my existing account. 

Beaudry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so I am able to add all 3 new Arlo Pro 2 Cameras to my profile. Looks like when I turned the WIFI on my cell phone I was able to add them without the subscription. Now all 5 cameras are up and running great. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation