Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying again - Jerusalem timezone issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shemsha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to start a new discussion since it's annoying and sounds easy to handle.

Please see more info here.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/GMT-3-Israeli-Daylight-Saving-Time-Timezone-issues/td-p/170...

In short - Jerusalem timezone is being wrongly computed as plain UTC.
If I want my schedule to arm at midnight, I have to set my schedule to arm at 9PM.
Jerusalem is currently UTC+3 (summertime) so I have to schedule to 9PM to get it armed midnight.
Once we are back to wintertime (UTC+2), I have to set my schedule to arm at 10pm.

This is really annoying. Help would be highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shemsha wrote:

In short - Jerusalem timezone is being wrongly computed as plain UTC.
If I want my schedule to arm at midnight, I have to set my schedule to arm at 9PM.
Jerusalem is currently UTC+3 (summertime) so I have to schedule to 9PM to get it armed midnight.
Once we are back to wintertime (UTC+2), I have to set my schedule to arm at 10pm.

Obviously it should be fixed, but I can see why Arlo wouldn't make it a priority, since they don't offer subscriptions in Israel.

Have you tried a different workaround?  For instance, select Athens as the base station timezone.  Shifting into summertime would be off by 2 days, but that might be a short enough gap that you can live with it.

shemsha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Yes, a different timezone is a good option, might be better than what I am doing.
Appreciate your reply, still hope it might get resolved at some point.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation