Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble with Live View Arlo Pro 2 via WIFI when connected to AC Power. Ok with Cellular and Web

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
franciscor
Guide
Guide

I've been having the "weirdest" issue with my Arlo Pro 2 camera the past couple days. I have two cameras one is just powered by battery and the other I have connected to an Arlo AC Power Adapter. The camera that is battery powered only I am able to connect to live view  ok with wifi, cellular, and web just fine with no issue. THe other camera thats connected with an ac adapter I have trouble connect to live view via wifi only. I have no issues connecting to it through celluar or through web. When I unpluged the camera from the AC the issue goes away and im able to connect to it via wifi just fine on ios. Doesnt make sense. At first i though it was an issue with the base so i reset it and my wifi router. That didnt solve the issue. I have two different ac adapters , i tried both and the issue occurs. SO i thought hmm, maybe its a bad camera. SO i swapped it out with my second Arlo Pro 2 camera and the same issue occurs with that one when i connect it to AC Power. Its driving me nuts. I don't know what else I could do.  I always have one connected so its at 100 percent battery, so when the other one is low on battery,  I just swap them out and have the other one charging and ready. I could really use some suggestions or advice.   Oh the issue that occurs when its powered by ac and im trying to connect to live view via wifi is: 1) it tries to connect but fails. 2) it connects but only see a black screen but im able to hear audio only. 3) i get some error that says have trouble streaming.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@franciscor

Ha Ha, I think I understand the situation now and yes, this is very strange, but I am not sure if it is Arlo related. Something strange seems to be happening on your power line. You have determined that the location is not the problem and the cameras are not the problem so what is left? I would not think that you have 2 defective power adapters and two defective cables. Working backwards, it could be the base station, the cable going to the base station or router. Some routers are known to give off a lot of interference. Have you tried moving the base station as far away from your router as possible? You might have to unplug your other electronic devices one at a time to see if any of them are putting interference to your AC line.

Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@franciscor

have you tried swapping the location of the two cameras to see if the problem is with the camera or the location? Also, have you tried connecting the power adapter to a different outlet?

Brian

franciscor
Guide
Guide

HI yes i have done both. The issue was still there unfortunately.

brh
Master
Master

@franciscor

I am not sure if I understand your reply. Does the problem seem to be the location, (both cameras act up in this location), or is it related to just one camera regardless of the location?

It acts like the charging cable is acting like an antenna that is picking up static or interference from somewhere. 

Brian

franciscor
Guide
Guide

Oh sorry. I missread your reply. Sorry long day. Well its not the location, I get a good signal strength there of two bars. It only does it when it plugged into the ac adapter. Cant connect via wifi. But i can connect throgh cellular on my iphone just fine and through the web. I had though maybe the camera was starting to malfunction. So Swapped it out for my second arlo pro 2 camera which works just fine. I can connect to it just fine when its battery power only (wifi, cell, and web) but when i connected that second arlo pro 2 cam on the ac adapter. THe same issue comes out that occurs on the first arlo pro 2 camera. Cant connect via wifi. Both cameras have good signal strength at both locations. ANd i used two different arlo  ac power adapters.  Hope that makes more sense. 😃

brh
Master
Master

@franciscor

Ha Ha, I think I understand the situation now and yes, this is very strange, but I am not sure if it is Arlo related. Something strange seems to be happening on your power line. You have determined that the location is not the problem and the cameras are not the problem so what is left? I would not think that you have 2 defective power adapters and two defective cables. Working backwards, it could be the base station, the cable going to the base station or router. Some routers are known to give off a lot of interference. Have you tried moving the base station as far away from your router as possible? You might have to unplug your other electronic devices one at a time to see if any of them are putting interference to your AC line.

Brian

franciscor
Guide
Guide

I will try as you suggested, I havnt thought of that. I dont think the ac adapters are defective tho. They do power the arlo cameras just fine, both cameras remain at 100% while plugged in. It's just strange because it was fine for weeks, I just started doing this two days ago.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation