Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection Is Not Working On 3 Of 4 Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
mountnscenes
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera set was purchased almost a week ago.  3 of my 4 cameras do not detect motion, but otherswise work fine.  They even pass the motion sensitivity test.  The running man is gray.  I have removed the devices, removed the batteries, rebooted the base, re-inserted the batteries, re-synced the cameras - nothing seems to work.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mountnscenes,

Can you verify again what the color the running man logo is? If the running man is black then it is recording motion. If the logo is grey it will not record motion.

Cloudio
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem.  I even bought a second box of the same model and the same is happening here

mountnscenes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Running man is black on the camera that is working correctly, gray on the (3) cameras that are not.

brh
Master
Master

@mountnscenes

A couple of questions. Are you on the latest firmware listed in the Release Notes?

Have you checked the Rules for each camera in the Modes section and checked that the Detect Motion is at 100%?

Brian

mountnscenes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware is 1.125.11.3.3_26229 on all cameras. I believe I saw motion set at 80%, but can't remember where I saw that setting now. Will check and move it to 100%.

mountnscenes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found it.  Should have read your post closer.  It was at 80%, now at 100%.  No change.

Cloudio
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Brian. I have not turned it up to 100%.  It should detect me at 80% under daylight.  There is no motion icon anymore. I have purchased 2 sets (boxes) from different stores so I have variable manufacturing dates.  Both do the same.  First cam works great (at 80%).  Any other refuse to work.  The motion detector test works on all cams. For fun, I deleted the first cam and that resolves nothing, just no cams with MD.  This firmware has to be your problem otherwise every customer wouldn’t work.   To add insult to injury, mode on IOS doesn’t work on iPhone 7 or iPad, only on a PC.  

This product was not ready to launch.  I have no choice but to return everything.  

brh
Master
Master

@mountnscenes

It appears that you are on the correct firmware for your camera and if the motion detection is at 100% and still not picking up motion and the motion man is gray, then you have done all you can do at this point. Most likely it is the latest firmware release, as I have seen several posts about it. Hopefully Arlo will release a new firmware release shortly, although that does not help you right now. How about it @ShayneS ?

brh
Master
Master

@Cloudio

Are you using the same model camera as mountnscenes? Probably is the firmware.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation