Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tripod for mounting Pro 2 camera on top of a kitchen cabinet- small (about 1 to 1 1/2 feet high)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trinut
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings,

I am trying to locate a short tripod (about 1 to 1 and 1/2 feet high)  to mount a Pro 2 onto, to look down from the top of a kitchen cabinet. I see the Arlo one offered ("Quadpod mount" - VMA4500-10000S) but the way it is pictured on the web page for accessories, the camera is pointing UP- does anyone have this tripod or just know if the neck can be bent down, so the camera is looking down? 

If you have this product, has it worked fine? It looks very much like a product called "Wasserstein Quadpod" offered on Amazon, which did NOT have good reviews. (based on the ones I read)

Can anyone suggest other brands? 

Any input and/or suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks very much!

Trinut

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a few small tripods for the Arlo cameras... all work well for the Pro2.

Just remember the mount for the cameras is a standard 1/4-20 thread.... any normal camera mount will work.

do a search for " small tripod for arlo camera " .

(Pro's mount hole is in the back)

they do allow some close up pics !

vlcsnap-2018-12-01-16h19m17s928 (2).png

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Trinut
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you TomMac for your quick reply, and all of the info! Beautiful capture on that cardinal!

Yes, I had already "Googled", but I don't think I used that exact language because your suggestion has yielded more results.

I may not have worded my question properly- I was hoping to get actual brand names, from folks that had them and had good results. I understand if a personal preference would be not to provide that since Arlo also sells one. 

I am looking through the results now.

Many thanks again for your help!!

Trinut

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation