Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 activity zones are currently disabled

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ckouri
Aspirant
Aspirant

when i turn on one of my cameras i get message stating AC power has been disconnected from the device. please reconnect the power source to the device. when i connect the device to the power source the message goes away, but once i unplug the device the error message returns. i have also removed the battery and the issue still is not resolved. the camera is currently unable to detect motion. please advise. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
On the problem camera, remove any activity zones from the camera settings.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
dcfox1
Master
Master

@ckouri wrote:

when i turn on one of my cameras i get message stating AC power has been disconnected from the device. please reconnect the power source to the device. when i connect the device to the power source the message goes away, but once i unplug the device the error message returns. i have also removed the battery and the issue still is not resolved. the camera is currently unable to detect motion. please advise. 

For activity zones without AC power it requires a subscription but on the Pro2 you still have 7 day recordings for motion. Is this a newer model then Pro2 you listed and the trial ran out? Then you would not get any cloud recordings also. 

ckouri
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have four arlo pro 2 cameras. i'm only getting this error message on one of the cameras. it's not a subscription or trial issue. i've had these cameras for about a year now.  

ckouri
Aspirant
Aspirant

error message.jpg

dcfox1
Master
Master

That is the message when a cam is not on AC power and as you said it goes away when you plug it to AC. W/O AC you need a sub. To clarify what do you mean by not detecting motion, Recordings or Notifications or both. 

ckouri
Aspirant
Aspirant

what do you mean i need a sub? do i need a new battery? so the camera has not detected motion ever since i started seeing this error message. I run all my cameras on just the battery and only connect them to the power when they need charged. This camera is fully charged and i'm still getting the error message. 

ckouri
Aspirant
Aspirant

the camera is not recording or sending notifications 

ckouri
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have total of 4 alro pro 2 cameras and i'm only getting this error message on one for the cameras.

Dannybear
Master
Master
On the problem camera, remove any activity zones from the camera settings.
ckouri
Aspirant
Aspirant
That fixed it! Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation