Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
chobo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I am trying to play my videos from my arlo web site but everytime I try to play a video I get

"This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view."

My videos are in 2K.

I tried to get a resolution from support but I am just going in circles with them. 

I tried to use all the latest version of the major browsers(chrome, edge and firefox) that from my understanding all support "HEVC" yet I still get that error.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's also hardware-related. nHere's a good write-up for the problem:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/Solved-Error-This-video-is-not-able-to-play-in-your-browser...

Be sure to check the embedded links.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chobo2 wrote:

I tried to use all the latest version of the major browsers(chrome, edge and firefox) that from my understanding all support "HEVC" yet I still get that error.

Edge and Chrome do, but FireFox does not.

Edge and Chrome also only support it if there is hardware acceleration for HEVC in the PC.  Generally newer PCs work, but older ones don't.  If you can give us the processor details for your PC, that could help (we need the full processor model, as that has the processor generation in the number).

Last time I checked, Edge would also need the HEVC video extensions installed (you can get this from the Microsoft Store for $0.99)

Also, make sure hardware acceleration is enabled in the browser settings.

There is a site you can use to test playback, but it appears to be down at the moment:

It could be down for good (as www.webmfiles.org is up).

You can also use this site to test playback:

sbbbb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo is Horrible!!!  Customer service is horrible! I have invested so much money in these things I am embarrassed to have continued to be at there mercy.  Viewing is hit and miss. Person is gone from view before camera picks up when I try to view after alert. . But, I have had no problem viewing recorded videos until recently. Seems to be from newer cameras 2k & 4k versions. I have great internet speed , great Mac computer, 2 base stations spread out in house. It is ridiculous that I have to download a recording to view. It is ridiculous that I can't hit view camera and it actually views , quickly and every time . WAYZ is so much less frustrating! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sbbbb wrote:

But, I have had no problem viewing recorded videos until recently. Seems to be from newer cameras 2k & 4k versions. I have great internet speed , great Mac computer, 

Can you play this video?

Don't change the settings, just hit the play icon on the video window.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation