Thinking of upgrading to Arlo Pro 2 system from original Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I was one of the early pre-order folks for the original Arlo cameras back in 2014.  Like most I have enjoyed the good times (not many) and suffered through the bad times.  I have a 10 camera system that I am thinking about upgrading to an Arlo Pro 2 system.  Normally I do my homework but pull a fast trigger. In this case I have read the reviews and I will admit I am gun shy.  Is the upgrade worth it? 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

From the original HD cameras to the Pro2 , IMO, is worth it... USb backup with the 4000 base and siren inside

Better pic, better night vision, battery packs the recharge

One thing tho, after you've used them a while, I would recommend getting the charge tube... If in the camera the packs only get an 80% charge ( to prevent over charging ), but in the charge tube they get a true 100%.... obv the battery packs will last 20% longer in the camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
lite1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Showguy As long as you you have your eyes open to what you wrote: "Like most I have enjoyed the good times (not many) and suffered through the bad times." then sticking with Arlo (many warts and all) versus looking for something that works more reliably is your choice. I am newbie, and decided to stick with Arlo, but nearly every day and looking at forum makes me wonder whether I was insane. Good luck ...

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Tom,

May sound stupid........but what is  a “charge tube”?

Thanks.

Paul

mchromiec
Guide
Guide

Given how many people worldwide have issues with arlo pro 2 i would suggest to stay away from it and go for a completely different brand. I my self have been fighting with Arlo for the last 7 months as my cameras don't record the right times, videos freeze or jump, the quality is horrible! Arlo is doing absolutely nothing to resolve the issue apart from telling everyone that they are. I think 7 months of waiting might give you an idea of how much they are trying to fix that issue. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paul_FCCL wrote:

May sound stupid........but what is  a “charge tube”?

A stand-alone charger for the batteries (which you'd remove from the cameras and put into the charging tube).  The model for the pro-2 is the VMA4400C.

https://shop.arlo.com/accessories.pro.pro2/VMA4400C-100NAS.html?_ga=2.230211291.671062505.1576413111...

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy
@StephenB:
Thanks for that......
I think I know what a charging station is, just never heard it called a charging tube before.
Now I know and added that to my dictionary.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation