Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My porch camera has not been detecting any motion. Need to move sensitivity to make it work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
scoops
Aspirant
Aspirant

My porch camera has not been detecting any motion for over a week. I can walk past left, right, and do jumping jacks in front of it nothing. I moved sensitivity back from 90 to 100 and it’s working again. This has also happened with my patio camera and the problem is usually that I would then get videos every 5 minutes from the wind with the 100 sensitivity.
Does anyone else have this issue ?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scoops wrote:
My porch camera has not been detecting any motion for over a week. I can walk past left, right, and do jumping jacks in front of it nothing. I moved sensitivity back from 90 to 100 and it’s working again. 

Perhaps try the motion detection test, and see what setting it needs.  https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device

Walking across the field of view is a better test than doing jumping jacks in the middle of the field of view.

scoops
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I’ve had 4 cameras for over a year and I know when a camera is totally dead or not. It hasn’t recorded motion for over a week. What’s weird is that it recovers when the setting is brought back to 100. But then it trips continuously. It works ok for a month or two when the setting had been stable and operating correctly at 90.
Is it a software glitch ?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scoops wrote:

Is it a software glitch ?

I don't think so - my own Pro-2s are detecting motion properly and recording (using the default threshold of 80).

Did you try swapping two of the cameras, just to confirm that your problem moves with the camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation