Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ja25
Tutor
Tutor

The schedule setting is only 12 hours not 24. Someone needs to fix it.

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Schedule goes from midnight to 1159pm same day.

if you go thru midnight you must break the time period into two parts;

8 pm to 6 am

8 pm to 1159 pm and next day midnight to 6 am

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Ja25 wrote:

Someone needs to fix it.

Works here. No one else has complained about this.

If the reply from @TomMac doesn't cover your issue, can you explain your problem?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Ja25
Tutor
Tutor
In the setting app, the 24 hrs off isn’t 24 hrs it’s actually 12 hrs. That needs to be corrected.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Ja25 wrote:
In the setting app, the 24 hrs off isn’t 24 hrs it’s actually 12 hrs. That needs to be corrected.

I don't understand what you are talking about.

Got a screen shot you can share to explain it?

Here's what I see:

ScheduleSchedule

Looks like 24 hours to me.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Ja25
Tutor
Tutor
24 hours is a full day but the arlo camera app only does it for 12hours.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ja25 wrote:
24 hours is a full day but the arlo camera app only does it for 12hours.

Your screenshot has nothing to do with scheduling the cameras.  It's the setting to mute the notifcations on your phone. 

Are you saying that when you choose 24 hours, that the notifications resume after only 12?

Ja25
Tutor
Tutor
Exactly. If if it says 24hrs, I expect the notification to last the full 24 not 12hrs. That’s exactly what I am trying to make you understand and also corrected.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ja25 wrote:
Exactly. If if it says 24hrs, I expect the notification to last the full 24 not 12hrs. That’s exactly what I am trying to make you understand and also corrected.

Though it's the other way around.  The notifications are supressed in that menu.

@JamesC: is this a known issue?

Ja25
Tutor
Tutor
It seems that I am talking to a wall here. The muting notification says 24hrs but it only gives 12 hours. Why don’t you remove the 24hrs and make it 12. Like it actually is. Whoever wrote that program needs to correct it. The arlo gives the false impression that it mutes for 24 hrs when in fact it doesn’t. I call that deceiving. Just fix it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ja25 wrote:
It seems that I am talking to a wall here. 

That's really your own fault.  You started off calling the mute notification feature the "schedule" - which it isn't - and that created confusion because people were thinking you meant the real schedule.   

Getting clarity on exactly what the problem is matters, and it took a few posts to get to that.

@Ja25 wrote:
 Just fix it.

Note you aren't talking to anyone who works for Arlo here - you are talking to other users. 

Once there was clarity, I looped in a mod  - who does work for Arlo ( @JamesC ) and asked him if it was a known issue.

Ja25
Tutor
Tutor
I thought I was talking to one of the arlo tech people. Nonetheless, you got my point. I am hoping they will fix the issue.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ja25 wrote:
I thought I was talking to one of the arlo tech people.

Arlo employees who post here all have the Arlo logo shown with their usernames.

Ja25
Tutor
Tutor
I wasn’t aware of that. It’s my first time posting anything here. I hope they see my issue and fix it. Thanks anyway.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Ja25 wrote:
I wasn’t aware of that.

To quote "Sir" Michael Caine, the sage of the Elephant & Castle, "Not a lot of people know that."

Rest assured that @StephenB has thrown a bomb, metaphorically of course, into the right department.

Let's hope you don't unearth too many other nasties like that. No guarantees though.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation