Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I recently needed to uninstall & reinstall my cameras. When I try to check on the cameras from my cellphone (using a different email address) the cameras are not there anymore.

It only asks me if I want to ADD a new device. (the steps for initially installing new cameras, etc.)  On my desktop computer, (under a different email address)  I have made sure that each camera has been given access to the person at that email address,.....but the cameras still do not appear in the app when using that email address.

I tried "delete friend" and re-inviting that email address, but same thing. the app opens when I log in, but there are no cameras to view.

What do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I tried it today, and it worked.

I'm guessing it takes a day or so to be able to get it to work when uninstalling/reinstalling cameras & getting them to appear on the invited email accounts. (Grant access accounts)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Another thing to add........

It appears that if you uninstall & reinstall the cameras, the other email accounts (that you previously gave access to) can no longer view the cameras.  (even though you reinstalled them)

I had to create a new email address & grant it access, in order to see the current setup (cameras)

In a nutshell:

The email accounts you gave access to, will not see the reinstalled cameras.

Anyone else experience this?

If there's a different solution, please enlighten me.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@billkex wrote:

If there's a different solution, please enlighten me.

I don't use this feature, but you should be able to simply regrant access from the primary account after you add the cameras back.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I tried it today, and it worked.

I'm guessing it takes a day or so to be able to get it to work when uninstalling/reinstalling cameras & getting them to appear on the invited email accounts. (Grant access accounts)

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Here is what I have discovered:

If you uninstall & reinstall any cameras, (or add cameras) the other email addresses that you gave access to, will not see those changes. (the reinstalled/new cameras)

In order to correct this so that those email address can see the changes (new cameras):

You must remove them from having access (delete them) & then re-inivite them.

Choose:

"Settings"

"Grant access"

Choose the email account you want  (highlight it)

(scroll down) choose  "Delete Friend"

After it is removed, then choose "Add"

Re-enter the email address, choose the camera settings you want to give them access to.

"Send Invite"

Open that emaill address & check your in box, and accept the invitation.

Once you see all the cameras, you can choose "Settings" "Device order" and put the cameras in the order you want.

If anyone has a better way,  let me know, but I have found that the email address must be removed, and re-invited & accepted, to see the latest changes.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation