Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The Subscription cost for my Arlo Pro 2 ...and the date the current plan ends?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I have a (8) Arlo Pro 2 cameras, and 2  VMB 4000 base stations.

I do not have any kind of subscription and pay not fees.

Can someone tell me WHEN all of this will change? and what my monthly (or annual) cost will be for me to operate/control my (8) cameras the way I do it now?   Will I gain or lose any features once this takes place?

Please don't post a link to something that doesn't give me a straight answer, or has umpteen paragraphs of different scenarios or plans.  I just need to know 2 things:

• WHEN will the free plan end?
  • What is the cost for it to do what I have now?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@billkex wrote:
  • WHEN will the free plan end?

Arlo is now saying that it will continue indefinitely.  Also that the current EOL date for the cameras is 1 January 2024, with security updates to the firmware continuing until 1 January 2025. 

They aren't promising that the cameras will always have the features they have now - and " continue indefinitely" is not the same as promising it will never end.

@billkex wrote:
  • What is the cost for it to do what I have now?

Arlo Secure pricing is here:

Scroll down to the worldwide pricing section for Secure.

Current US prices would be $12.99 monthly or $119.98 annually.  That would cover unlimited cameras at one location.  You'd get 30 days of retention instead of only 7,  plus some other features - activity zones and smart notifications being the most useful.  You'd also get access to phone support, but I don't think that will turn out to be all that helpful after the EOL date.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I think I got it.

Everything that I have available now, including no subscription (paying fees)  etc. will continue, but starting on 01/01/2025, Arlo will no longer provide service or parts for the Arlo 2 cameras (system)  But the cameras, app, etc. will continue doing everything else.

If one of my cameras break, I need a replacement, parts, etc. There will still be people selling the Pro 2 stuff on Ebay, etc.

So, I will continue on...............................

larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen, did you misspeak when you said the current EOL date for Pro 2 is Jan 1, 2024?  The table in the EOL Policy link at the top of the page says January 1, 2025:

Model ID Product First Manufacture Date Last Manufacture Date        EOL Date
VMC3030 Arlo HD – Gen 3 Nov 2014 Jan 2019                                         July 1, 2023
VMC4030 Pro Oct 2016 Dec 2018 July 1, 2023
ABC1000 Baby July 2017 Sept 2019 Jan 1, 2025
VMC4030P Pro2 Nov 2017 Dec 2019                                                            Jan 1, 2025

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@larryc5a wrote:

Stephen, did you misspeak when you said the current EOL date for Pro 2 is Jan 1, 2024?  The table in the EOL Policy link at the top of the page says January 1, 2025:

oops - it is 1 January 2025, with security updates provided a year after that date.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation