Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Mavic850R
Tutor
Tutor

We had a brief power cut today. After the power cut my router came back on line and the arlo base station appeared to reconnect ok and all lights were green. However the cameras did not trigger or record any data. Went back in to the app a few hours later and one by one manually viewed each camera. These worked fine and then suddenly the system was operating correctly and triggering. A similar issue happened a few weeks ago but on that occasion the cameras said unable to connect. A base station reset fixed that time. My issue is the system gives you no warning there has been an issue or that any intervention is needed. If you were away it Really makes the hole thing useless. It should seamlessly reconnect and or provide a warning. Is there any fix or work around for this? It’s very irritating.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The best solution is a UPS for your modem, router and base so power loss simply never affects your Internet connection to the servers. A ~$100 UPS will last many hours.

Mavic850R
Tutor
Tutor

I can see that a UPS would solve the problem but that is solving something that should not be a problem in the first place.

the Arlo system should be robust enough to settle back to normal after a power cut or at least warn you there is an intervention required.

we also run Hive products and these never have issues with power cuts.

Floridian
Star
Star

I have the same issue. I live in PA  and have a house in Florida. My Arlo Pro 2 system in Florida tells me my  base station is off line. I called arlo support ,after waiting 45 minutes  to talk to a foreign individual. The gentleman was very nice but told me that I would have to manually reset my base station to get it back on line. I told him I live in PA and that it would not be possible to manually reset my base station. My internet connection and modem are both functioning properly so I asked him if he could send a signal to reset my system so that I can get my cameras on line. He told me that he does not have that capability to do that on his end. I attempted to escalate this issue to the next level but to no avail. Now I have 4 cameras not working for the last few weeks and continue to pay the yearly subscription. The cameras are great the support for managing these cameras are terrible. Any advice to help me out with this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ralph

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Floridian  For your situation you can try a smart plug such as a Wemo smart plug when you get to the Florida home and even main home so you can power cycle the base/hub if it is off line and your not present remotely. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation