Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

System Failure

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TLM700
Follower
Follower

While accessing cameras the app shows all cameras off-line.  Center light is blinks rapidly green - goes steady - the blinks rapidly and repeats.

I have powered the unit down, unplugged it, changed the cable to the router, changed the access point to the router (yes the router is working).  I have also hit the reset button on the back of the unit with not change.

This system has worked flawlessly for several years (probably closer to five years) and is now not communicating.

The only "possibility to consider is we did have a 5 second power failure during a thunderstorm and the cameras seemed to stop reporting that afternoon.

Thoughts or suggestions?  Think the unit is dead, maybe a lightning issue?  Can this unit be replaced or is it out of date.  Unable to find any support on-line or a phone access for Arlo.  If no luck here, it may be time to replace with a new system.

Thanks... any technical support is welcomed!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The older bases had (have?) a problem due to outages like you experienced with the base coming ready before the router. Rebooting the router and base, in that order, should fix it.

Use of the reset button causes you to rebuild the whole system if you actually held it long enough to cause the reset to occur (>10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber). You would need to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh, as if new.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation