Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Syncing add-on camera

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Amackn10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
Require help? please!
Is it possible to Sync the Arlo Pro 2 add-on smart security camera with, my previously purchased Arlo Pro 2 Smart Security system with 4 cameras? Both products were purchased separately...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amackn10,

What is the LED behavior on the camera and on the base station when you attempt the sync process?

Try rebooting your base station (using the on-off button), plug the camera in using the ac adapter and usb cable that was included in the box and attempt the sync process again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Amackn10

Yes, you should be able to. Be advised that the free 7 day cloud recording is only free up to 5 cameras. After 5 cameras if you add an additional camera you will have to purchase the next layer of the subscription plan. But for adding one more camera to the four you already have I don't see any problems.

Brian

Amackn10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Brian,

It doesn’t sync???
brh
Master
Master

@Amackn10

Here is a link fot the instructions on how to sync a camera to the base station:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039094/My-camera-will-not-sync-with-the-base-station-how-can-I-troubleshoot-i...

You might try a couple of things if that doesn't work.

1) Open the battery compartment door of the camera and lose it again before trying to re-sync.

2) If holding the sync button on the base station in for two seconds, repeat step one and just press the sync button on the base unit quickly.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most common error is holding the base sync for 2 seconds ( as old instructions state )

As mentioned QUICK push only

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Amackn10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still no luck syncing???
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amackn10,

What is the LED behavior on the camera and on the base station when you attempt the sync process?

Try rebooting your base station (using the on-off button), plug the camera in using the ac adapter and usb cable that was included in the box and attempt the sync process again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Amackn10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great, thanks James.
It finally worked after rebooting modem, router & Arlo, as u described.

Thank!!!!
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation