Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
darkness975
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi all,

I know there are numerous threads around inquiring about sunlight.  One of my cameras is in a location that gets hit by direct sun for 3 or 4 hours a day.  The sun causes plenty of false motion triggers which I have to live with until I can move to a new place (hopefully next year).  However I am wondering about the effects of the sun shining on the lens itself.  Has anyone experienced any detrimental effects on the lens/picture with long term exposure like this? 

It's been set up now for about a year and a half in the same location and I don't see anything noticeable (that I can tell) but just curious about the experience of others.  I can't move it up to point it further down since I can't drill into the siding (apartment) and if I point it down much further it will not capture anything.  

It's not pointing into the sky and it does have a black hooded skin on it which I hope would be somewhat helpful.  But the sun does shine on the lens for those few hours a day hence my pondering. 

Thanks in advance.

Best answers
  • dcfox1
    Master
    Master

I have 2 Pro3's in direct sunlight for most of the day for 2 years and no problems. Some times there is a glare at sunset on my west facing cam but not always and for a short time. 

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have 2 Pro3's in direct sunlight for most of the day for 2 years and no problems. Some times there is a glare at sunset on my west facing cam but not always and for a short time. 

darkness975
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation