Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
02redcavi
Guide
Guide
Just wondering if these false recordings from sun glare will ever be fixed or I should just deal with it draining my battery and never buy arlo products again?
6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @02redcavi

Have you tried to adjust the camera angles slightly to see if you can avoid this issue? Are there any recordings of shadows from objects when you experience this issue?

02redcavi
Guide
Guide
I haven’t tried adjust the angle but will try that. Whenever they go off it’s when the area gets bright then will dim down
02redcavi
Guide
Guide
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Videos have to be linked, not embedded. Use the library and then use the Share capability to copy and paste a link here.

A common mistake is to position the cameras improperly. Too much scene (don't need the sky and many times not the road) as well as trees and bushes that wave around and reflect the sun's IR, leading to false triggers. One solution, after repositioning, is to create a custom mode with lower motion sensitivity for the time period(s) when the sun's IR is an issue. Use the schedule to automate the switching between modes. Test to make sure you still get the recordings you need.

02redcavi
Guide
Guide
Also forgot to add that random times my arlo camera will not pick up recordings. I will leave for work in the morning and sometimes it will not pick up me leaving.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@02redcavi wrote:
Also forgot to add that random times my arlo camera will not pick up recordings. I will leave for work in the morning and sometimes it will not pick up me leaving.

Adjusting the camera is often the most effective way to improve motion detection.

The cameras are designed to pick up motion moving across the field of view - so someone walking right up the center of the field of view is often missed.  They are also more sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view.

There are some tips here: https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation