Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Suggestions on how to re-angle this camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Instegone
Guide
Guide

I'm looking for suggestions where to reposition my Door Camera.  The main goal is to get a better view of the face of someone when they get close to the door.  Currently its position just above the door facing down.  So I get a nice view of my front door area, but I never get a good view of the persons face.   How or where should I reposition this to maximize the chases I get their face .

frontdoorcam1.jpg

Arlo Pro 1 (Front Door Cam)_20201126_140224.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can't see the images until they're approved. A thought, though, would be to use a threaded mount so you have more adjustment to the angle of view.

Instegone
Guide
Guide

Yep, its on the thread tilt mount.  I'm just trying to figure out how to best catch a persons face since there is that delay in the recording starting.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can see the images now. The problem is the camera placement which should be to the side so the PIR sensor can detect motion properly. You have motion head-on which may or may not work reliably. It's not clear as to what other mounting places may be available and where the motion is needed to be detected (seems to be a garage/driveway on the right and maybe a sidewalk on the left). I'm kinda thinking mounting over the garage door at the corner closest to the door may be the best location. A video doorbell would actually be the best solution.

Instegone
Guide
Guide

I actually have another Camera to the right in the middle of the garage and just upgraded it to the Arlo Pro 3 with continuous power so I'm getting good videos of the folks coming up the drive way now.  I was just hoping to get a close up of their face.   Unfortunately there is no room for a Arlo Doorbell as I only have a like 2 inches of space.

Potentially when the wireless version comes out but now for now was trying to figure out  how to make it slightly better with what I got.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation