Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Suddenly full of issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SRangel
Guide
Guide

I’ve had these cameras (3) for over 3 years now and within the last several months the amount of issues has become infuriating. Most common is that they’re constantly working fine and then bam, “arlo device is offline” appears. And sometimes when this happens I can still hear the audio as if it’s still showing me the live view, but it claims it’s “offline.” Sometimes the 3 cameras take turns going offline. Often I can reset or close out the app and it will start again, but increasingly

often I have to go and open the back, remove the battery and start again. I’ve also noticed issues with the batteries- they’ll be fully charged according to the charger but then I put them in and they claim they’re only partially charged. Or it indicated on the main screen the previous batteries power and won’t show the new one unless I close out the app and start again. Also they’re increasingly missing triggers from obvious motions passing in front of the camera. And many times they go into a sleep mode at night if I don’t consciously go and press live view on all the cameras and record a short amount before I sleep for the night. Am I the only one dealing with these sudden, annoying as hell problems?? 

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It’s just an arlo server thingy, wait a few days and it usually goes away.

If not could be a wifi interference issue with the Base station and your local wifi network router. Make sure that they are separated by at least 6ft.

Try resetting the network router, waiting 10mins for the router to reboot and reconnect then reset the arlo base station.

The missing trigger events occur normally, usually just the first one, subsequent events do occur after though.

After midnight missing events are also normal, usually after an update to the Base station has occurred.

Faulty battery indications are typically down to using the arlo website login with the web browser, should be ok using the mobile app.

Also be aware of the 5min triggered recording events as they slowly drain the battery quicker. Another arlo thingy.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@SRangel 

I also have been experiencing more and more issues with my Pro 2, Arlo Q, Arlo baby and the Android app. I just replied to a post regarding cameras constantly showing offine. I won' t re-type it, but here's the link to what I describe in more detail:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Devices-Offline/m-p/1932087#M60883

Also, my Arlo Baby cameras started doing this creepy thing where they go into Live View by themselves even when the phone is asleep. I can tell that it's the Arlo Baby cameras because they make this odd ticking, hissing noise when in Live View. Also, the first time it happened, the TV show I was watching was playing from my cellphone (Arlo Baby had initiated itself) that was sitting next to me asleep. And even worse, when I go into the app, the Arlo Baby cams do not show that they are in Live View but yet are playing the audio from my cellphone. Then I have to toggle the Live View button on and off of each Arlo Baby to disable the recording. Your the first post I've seen describing a similar issue.

Most of my weird issues lately have been with Arlo Baby cams, which have been buggy from the start. But have gotten much worse. Issues are now spreading to Arlo Q and Pro 2, which had generally been very stable. And the app has gotten very flakey, although I assume most of the issues are app and/or server driven.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing the same behavior? 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation