Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Stopped detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
hayleusa
Follower
Follower

Camera still on line and can get live view but it no longer detects or records motion. 

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

When this problem typically occurs on my pro2 I remove the camera battery for 10sec to reset it.

All my battery Cameras have had this issue for years since the last camera update.

They seem do it when I am unhappy so I have been told.

Had3nufBS
Initiate
Initiate

Oct-Dec 2023 - I have been experiencing the same thing. I have two Pro 2 cameras with AC power supply, normally set to "on" and sensing motion/recording video. Ever since the Arlo's User Interface update and reaching the hardware End-of-Life date, the Pro 2's motion-sensing feature has become intermittent - the cameras work for awhile, and then suddenly - WITHOUT ME CHANGING ANYTHING - both cameras' motion sensing feature turns off by itself (motion badge greyed out on the video screen, but the cameras are still on-line and able to provide live view). This was never a problem for the first few years we owned the cameras, but now it it is a regular occurrence and no explanation has been provided. Resetting the cameras (dismount camera, remove battery, reinsert battery, resynch with base station, re-mount camera) restores motion sensing, but this only appears to be a temporary fix until the next random loss of functionality (about once per month). This is quality of service if UNACCEPTABLE, but I don't think Arlo will be doing anything to fix these problems. I think the only way to end the madness is to abandon Arlo and go with another system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Had3nufBS wrote:

Ever since the Arlo's User Interface update and reaching the hardware End-of-Life date

FYI, the EoL date for the Pro 2 is 1 January 2025.  So you haven't reached it yet.

@Had3nufBS wrote:

the Pro 2's motion-sensing feature has become intermittent - the cameras work for awhile, and then suddenly - WITHOUT ME CHANGING ANYTHING - both cameras' motion sensing feature turns off by itself (motion badge greyed out on the video screen, but the cameras are still on-line and able to provide live view). 

Does this happen to both cameras at the same time?  Or sometimes just one?

Does the motion detection test work when the cameras are in this state?

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming when the cameras are in this state?

Do you use geofencing?  Or scheduling?

scanlin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. After several years my Arlo Pro 2 cameras have stopped sending email notifications of motion. Nothing has changed in my network, cameras, or email setup. Was getting daily alerts (mostly cats) up until Nov 14, 2023. Then nothing after that.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@scanlin,

It would be great if arlo were to restore the email notifications that stopped working last month.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scanlin wrote:

After several years my Arlo Pro 2 cameras have stopped sending email notifications of motion.

That's because Arlo removed the email notification feature for all cameras in mid November.  So the only option is to use push notifications.

hawksboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same issue and now they appear to have stopped the free cloud storage from 1 Jan 24. Time to also look for other security options.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@hawksboy ,

Try making a manual recording to see if the storage is missing.

The 7days free storage service is still active since arlo back tracked that EOL decision.

Also the pro2 is scheduled for EOL from 2025 as arlo pushed it back a year.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation