Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Started as an issue with geofencing, ended with disgust at lack of support & broken support system

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bothered
Follower
Follower

So. My original question was tjhis:

I have two mobile phones enabled on the Arlo Pro 2 geofencing system.

But, if I leave the house and my husband (who has access privileges and geofencing access) is at home, I'm inundated with alerts because he's moving around andf clattering!

The info describes a 'first in' principle, which says the system should stay disarmed (home mode) until both of us are out of the zone.

In trying to get an answer, the following happened:

1. Chat didn't work. I'd get the start chat page and then go to an error page immediately.

2. Trying to join the community, the email address I'm registered with for my Arlo/Netgear account wouldn't work and I got the message that I needed to verify. No verification email arrived.

3. I managed to get onto the forum by creating aniother account.

4. Netgear phone support was unavailable. The form defaulted to Soanish and then just sat there doing nothing.

5. And round and round in circles with no way to contact Netgear (not to get a geofencing answer by this time, but to make a complaint about their aftercare and support service).

I still need an answer to the geofencing question. Sadly, I'm now wondering whether I've wasted my money and my time on Netgear.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the poor support experience so far. For geofencing to work correctly, both devices need to be logged in with the app running on their mobile device. It sounds like you've already got your husbands mobile device set up with shared access but is his device also logged in with the app running so his device can be located?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation