Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar panel Charging problem

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
persychung
Aspirant
Aspirant

A charging fault been detected.

My solar panel works prefectly before.

But one day it cannot charge anymore... 

I've tried unplug, re-connect, restart base station...

WHat I can do?

Best regards,

Persy

4 REPLIES 4
Gildor1
Apprentice
Apprentice

That's a tough one.  If you have a multimeter maybe check to see what kind of output the panel is producing in sun and dark.  Hopefully there is a spec somewhere someone can share on what it should be.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems that a number of cases has to do with the cable not being fully seated on each end, letting water in. I had the issue myself not long ago and it appeared that the panel was bad. After letting it sit inside for a week or two, it worked fine! Plugged it back in outside and it worked for a while and then failed. Swapped cables with another panel and it's perfect. The cable seal was the problem in my case.

It could be the same thing for you but first you have to determine that's the case. Let things dry out until it works properly. Ensure that both ends of the cable are well and truly seated - it can be a real PITA. The snaps on the panel need to be fully seated. The camera end needs to be wiggled to ensure it can't be inserted more (I've found that it seems the camera connection seems to be the more problematic connection).  If it happens again, I'd submit that the cable seal has an issue so you should contact support here for a replacement.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Had a similar issue... pull cable out and then used a product called cable seal after checking and re-inserting

Cable seal is a tape form like putty that never hardens but allows good seals on outside connections.  been using it for alot of my radio transmitter cables for years.

Nice thing as mentioned, it can be remove later unlike silicon caulk... but still seals well, no issues since

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Electronics-Original-104-Moldable/dp/B0002ZPINC

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
persychung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all you guys' suggestion.

I'll try and test.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation