Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel or Cable

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
frustrated72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any recoomendations for a different solar panel as Arlo's does not work and their customer service only lies to you and says they have sent a new cable but never has..Filed a complaint with BBB and a consumer complaint with the federal government.  I still need to find something to charge my camera or I am also looking at returning all five of my cameras for a different brand...

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frustrated72,

What issue are you experiencing with the Arlo Solar Panel that suggests it doesn't work? Depending on what you're experiencing, it may be a positioning or setup issue with the panel that is causing a problem. Take a look here for troubleshooting tips for your Arlo Solar Panel: My Arlo Solar Panel is not charging my Arlo Go or Arlo Pro camera battery; what do I do?

JamesC

frustrated72
Aspirant
Aspirant

It had worked for months (4 - 5 months)...Then stopped...Already did all the trouble shooting (checked the cord, checked the positioning (which wouldnt make sense that it had to do with that since it worked for those months), checked a different camera, checked the camera it was plugged in with to see if it would charge plugged into an outlet (which it did)...)  I have spent a total of six hours on the phone with Netgear horrible customer service and to be told the solar panel has cord issues and they would send me another one...They said sent on July 3rd.  Called back four more times since then and they dont have a tracking number for the Fedex shipment nor will they do anything else...Two weeks ago they said they would check with their shipping department and get back to me...I am still waiting...From what I read online with many other users - this is a common practice with Netgear...say something is shipped and it is not...I did ask for a full refund since i am in my warranty stage and still nothing...I personally cannot beleive any business would sell Netgear due to Netgear horrible customer service and lack of warranty response...it makes for a horrible name to the company selling netgear...Hence why I have filed a complaint with the federal gov't and BBB...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frustrated72,

I apologize for the poor experience. Please send me a private message with your open support case number along with the email address you use to log in to your Arlo account and I will review and escalate your case as needed.

JamesC

vmwarechris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the same exact situation.  I called Arlo support a few months back.  They troubleshot my issue with not being able to charge my phone via the solar panel and promised to send a replacement solar panel cable.  It never arrived.

Can I get some help here?

Chris

vmware.chris@gmail.com

jaw5279
Tutor
Tutor

I also had problems with one of my Pro2 cameras and solar panel.  It kept giving me a charging error.  I tried everything to no avail and finally called support.  They agreed that it was probably the cable.  This was at the beginning of July.  They did not have any cables available for exchange so they sent me a complete, new solar panel.  As promised, I received it in about a week and changed it out with the one that didn't seem to work.  It worked until the next heavy rain and the charging error returned.  I disconnected the solar panel and brought it inside for about a week to insure it was all dried out.  I ran the camera off of the battery for that time.  When I reinstalled the solar panel, I put butyl caulk (tape) around the port where the cable fits into the camera.  It has worked ever since.  You might try the extra sealant around the power port and see if that addresses your issue.  It worked for me.  I have another camera on a solar panel that is exposed to the weather and it has never had a problem so the issue seems to be sporadic.   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

vmwarechris,

I have opened a case for you regarding this issue. I will pm you with further information.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation