Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Motion (Detecting Not Detecting)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DenArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Arlo Pro on the side of my house about 8ft up and around 18inch from house. It points out to the street which is 60ft away. I get motion detection from the street from cars, but when I come around the corner of the house (staying close to the house) opposite of the camera I get no detection until I am about 15ft away. Do I have to move it further away from the house (I can maybe move it out 3ft)?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Frst, rotate the camera to eliminate extraneous areas of view. ALso, ensure that motion is across the FOV and not directly at the camera. The range of detection for people maxs out at about 25 feet and there's also lag in waking the camera and starting the recording so you might have moved to ~15 feet away as noted in the recordings.

Post a screenshot for suggestions.

DenArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried inserting a photo and it will not work. I have used the photo button and the photo loads but this is not enter button and when I exist it deletes the photo

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to use a different device or a browser - I've noted that some screens can not allow you to scroll down to get to the button. Not sure I'vce seen that for Arlo but it's a possibility. You can also try switching between landscape and portrait mode to see if one works.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation