Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar Panel Options for Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
aprilbooher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Pro 2 cameras outside and I want to get solar panels for them. The batteries aren't lasting very long. What solar panels work with the Arlo Pro 2? Any and all reccomendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@aprilbooher

I have 5 Arlo Pro cameras using the Arlo solar panels ant they have worked very well for me. The Pro 2 models should also work very well with the Arlo solar panels.

Brian

aprilbooher
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t seem to find where to buy Arlo solar panels, I looked on Amazon and on Arlo’s website. Do you know where I can purchase them? Thanks for the info 🙂
brh
Master
Master

@aprilbooher

I usually just run to my local Best Buy. They always have some on the shelf. Quicker than ordering on Amazon and there is no price difference.

Brian

brh
Master
Master
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Or, if you are in the UK, the seriously overpriced local version:

NETGEAR VMA4600-10000S Solar Panel, Designed for Arlo Pro and Arlo Go Wire-Free Cameras (Official), ...

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Jeff3113
Apprentice
Apprentice
Honestly, they are OVERPRICED by 2x.
Unknown how long they will last.
Not like a 25 year warranty.
I found the 20ft cables easier option.
The ends are located where I can easily plug in the charger.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

My guess is that any solar panels that can feed a USB device will do the job.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Jeff3113
Apprentice
Apprentice
One would think the proper wattage/voltage solar panel would work. Of course there are warranty issues. If out of warranty, who cares?
It's your system.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation