Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
LogicSystems
Tutor
Tutor

would be nice to have a Snooze option.     My shop is setup with Arlo cameras and alerts me when there's motion.   If I need to get in my shop for 10-15 minutes,  I'd much rather snooze the alerts, than turn Disable my Arlo, and hope to remember to turn back on when I'm done.   Too often I forget, and then I have no security !

This option should be available for all Arlo models

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LogicSystems,

We do have "Mute Notifications" available on the Arlo app on Android and iOS. Feel free to read more about it here: What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it?

LogicSystems
Tutor
Tutor

When was that added?   And how come new features aren’t highlighted somehow

I looked in your knowledge base, and only found people complaining about no snooze function.

I would never have thought about looking there… would make way more sense to be under MODES, where you normally change alert modes.    Or,  have that option available in both areas

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've announced this feature at the time this was released. You can read more about it here: Mute Notifications now available for the Arlo Mobile App!

Any new announcements or features will be on Arlo Announcements.

LogicSystems
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 Arlo systems, all linked/shared together.    When I do the Mute notifications,  it disables notifications of all 3 systems,  which is horrible.    There should be a MUTE or SNOOZE option in the MODE section of each Arlo device - that would make alot more sense as it's really changing MODE of alerts, and would allow Snoozing individual devices.   It would also be nice to snooze less than 30 minutes.   If I need to run into my alarmed shop to 5 minutes,   snoozing 30 minutes is really way to long

chugger4wd
Aspirant
Aspirant
This feature needs to be enabled for Android OS devices like it works of iOS. The process for Android OS is not convenient and I don't understand why the option to mute at notification was built for iOS and not for Android.
darlahscarle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 seperate units at 3 locations.  If I mute notifications it mutes all locations.  At my business (where I'm at during the day) I would like for the cameras to still record all day but just not send me the notifications.  If I mute it mutes all notifications at all 3 locations. If I disarm at my business it will not record anything that day.  Is there any other option so I can still look back at the camera during the day if need be without receiving the alerts everytime someone moves in our building or outside?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@darlahscarle wrote:

Is there any other option so I can still look back at the camera during the day if need be without receiving the alerts everytime someone moves in our building or outside?

You can create a custom mode that still records but doesn't send notifications for some (or all) cameras on the base.

That can also be scheduled if you desire.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

@chugger4wd wrote:
This feature needs to be enabled for Android OS devices like it works of iOS. The process for Android OS is not convenient and I don't understand why the option to mute at notification was built for iOS and not for Android.

chugger4wd,

The mute notification is also available on Android. You can learn more about how to use mute notifications here: What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it? 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation