Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slow Internet Speed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ex512
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking to purchase the 2 camera system with base station (Arlo 2).  I have an Arlo Q already.  Unfortunately, where I live I'm limited with internet and the speeds aren't great.  About 0.5mbps up when the minimum required on their website lists 1mbps.

My question is, if I download the recordings straight from the storage on the base station, will I get the full definition quality, or will it possibly be grainy as well?  

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's recorded on the USB drive is the same video as in the cloud. In th epast we were told that slow upload speeds would reduce the resolution of the video automatically - dunno if that still holds true. You can set all your cameras to best battery life which is how you manually reduce resolution and make sure that only one camera at a time will ever stream or you'll have problems.

ex512
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!  That's what I figured, but was hoping otherwise.  My Arlo Q already gets a little fuzzy when there's movement, so I imagine this will be the same, which is why I was hoping that the base station would have the full resolution, regardless of internet speed.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation