Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my cameras stopped detecting motion. Even if I go into motion detection test, they don’t recognize any motition.

• did reset base station
  • did delete cameras and readded after taking batteries out for 2min
  • Synced properly and are showing up as cameras
  • camera can record video manually and it is showing in the library after

Anyone that can help with this?

Of course the Arlo Pro 2 are out of warranty and no support available!!!

20 REPLIES 20
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Indeed strange that all pro2 cameras were impacted with the same problem at the same time.

Can you indicate what firmware version you have on the cameras?

When this occurs for me on a single camera I find that resetting the camera can resolve it.

Pulling the camera battery for 10sec and inserting again is the reset process for the pro2.

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Firmware: 1.125.17.1_11_de8490d is the latest firmware available.

I do not know when it actually updated.

I performed the reset several times …. no change.

Thanks

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I have the same firmware, it was updated back in 2021 I recall.

The next step is to try a factory reset of the Base station. This will of course erase your devices so you will need to setup again as new.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat is your active mode? Have you tried Armed?

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will do the factory reset … 

What concerns the Base Station, do you know if that firmware was updated?

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I tried armed. Trigger by motion and recording video. Is not working.

Also the test mode to test the motion detection range is not working.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Regards the base firmware, last release  was on 25th June 2023 although the update rollout could have occurred well after depending on location.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/td-p/1920885 

Regards the motion detection test, ensure the camera has external power removed before  performing the test else  it will not work.

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think the firmware update on the base station explains the issue. I just did not realize that the cameras were not triggered by motion anymore. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Were you using the schedule mode at the time you noticed that they were not triggering?

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I think so ...

I just then later realized that there were no videos in the library anymore. Everything else was functional ...

Is there a way to go back to an earlier base station firmware?

Best regards

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

There is no method for the customer to revert the base or camera firmware, not even preventing arlo updating them unfortunately. They have never even announced when they intend doing any.

I note that both my 4000r3 bases have the latest firmware version but have not experienced the motion detection issue you described so it may rule out the firmware as the cause unless it was a result of the update process being corrupted.

Another question is if all your pro2 cameras are externally powered, I mentioned this since the motion detection test does fail to work. Also do you have activity zones applied?  

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

thanks for your help so far.

all my cameras are battery powered. Concerning the activity zones, I had them created originally for when I subscribed to a plan, so that I don't get too many messages and videos. I did not use any plan recently, so those zones stayed assigned. However since I realized the trigger problem I deleted the zones just to ensure this is not the issue.

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sure otherwise I would not know that it is not triggering videos.

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I performed a factory reset on the base station and re added the camera.

Unfortunately the motion trigger still does not work. That kind of means Arlo rendered the system useless with the firmware update.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Are you using the arlo webpage app or the arlo mobile app?

Reason for asking is that there has been reports that the web app has problems not being able to adjust motion sensitivity and might be related.

The only other path would be to remove all your devices from your account, create a new account using an alternative email and reinstall the arlo devices to see if that fixes the issue. Note that all new arlo accounts default to the newer Ui interface.

MarioWatch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyway I can connect with Arlo Support although the product is out of warranty?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MarioWatch wrote:

Anyway I can connect with Arlo Support although the product is out of warranty?

Phone support requires a subscription (and is accessed through the support area of the app).

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

An alternative is to private message one of the arlo moderators of this forum to state your case. @ShayneS@JamesC.

Margaritaville7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue on one of my Pro2 cam's.  It will only detect motion at close up range. Not from here to the wall, from here to the end of my arm.  It charges on solar but I currently have it inside charging for the 2 hour magic window that support seems to use.  I did my base station on/off test also.  

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Margaritaville7,

Was the motion test utility successful while the camera is unplugged from the charger?

I need to do this when using the motion test utility on my externally powered cameras.

Use the arlo mobile app to check the mode camera rules for low motion sensitivity setting, default is 80%. The arlo web app has been reported as faulty for motion sensitivity adjustments.

Also try removing the camera battery for 10sec.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation