Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Iaan
Tutor
Tutor

How about the idea the damn thing works and can connect with the phone 24/7 instead of offline for days at a time for a security system this SUCKS LOUD >

10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey laan,

Could you clarify on what problems you are having with your Arlo product?

Iaan
Tutor
Tutor

Very simple ATM I have had to take down all 3 cameras for 2 days so far becuase I can not gain access to turn the damn things on or off from my phone. When I try it says " Getting status" then when I switch to the camrea screen the same has been this way for 2 days also happened twice before . Iaan.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone device are you using to see this issue? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and restarting your phone device? Is this also happening when checking on the web client on your computer?

Also try to reboot your Base Station and try testing by having one of your cameras closer to the Base Station to see if you're still getting "Getting Status". 

Iaan
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I have rebooted the base , 1 camera is in the room less the 2 Mtrs. away , my phone is a new galaxy A20 . Even yesterday had issues logging onto the arlo site but was your server it said . I will however uninstall and reboot my phone . Iaan.

Iaan
Tutor
Tutor

OK that worked till this morning now all cameras are on and I cannot turn them off AGAIN all lights are steady on the base and it is in the clear , phone logged in . I am able to clear the library but that is bloody all . This system was a highly recommended one WTH for I am beginning to wonder !

Iaan.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you clarify what you mean that you cannot turn off the cameras?

Iaan
Tutor
Tutor

OFF as in I want to move in the house with out them seeing me so I want to tuen them off bloody hell . I am getting more than slightly pissed at this system they are all currently " Getting status " have been for 2 days again , very tiresome .

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me gather more information from you through private message.

Iaan
Tutor
Tutor

talk to me through skype . I prefer face to face or voice , less nisunderstanding that way .

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I wanted to let you know that I removed your email address and full name for security reasons. I've also followed up with you through private message as a heads up.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation