Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up schedule with GeoFencing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ZahidHafeez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have purchased the Arlo Pro 2 with 4 camers which I wanted to configure as per following to work

Schedule 1 - Cam 1 and 2 to work from 6 am to 11 pm (All weekdays)

Scheudle 2 - Cam 1, 2, 3 and 4 to work from 11pm to 6 am (All weekdays)

Furthermore, the Arlo app is installed on my wife's cell phone as well as mine, however, we want that once she leaves the home Schedule 2 to activate (if camers are opertings as per schedule 1) and go back to scheudle 1 once  she is back home. 

In this regard I have read many posts and videso but was not able to undertstand therefore I would appreciate if you kindly explain it in step by step for me to implement. 

Thank you in advance. 

Zahid Hafeez

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Try not using geofencing if you have iOS devices. It no longer works for me. Android was the same but someone said there is a fix release out today, although no feedback as yet.
As to how to manage your schedule, modes and rules. Suggest you look at your armed mode settings first. Edit it to setup how you want the cameras to behave when away from home. You can also add the siren device in each camera rule if required.

Once you familiar with editing the armed mode, create custom modes that suit your home requirements. After you complete the first camera rule, edit the mode again to add more cameras.

One your finished making the first custom mode, create more for use as required. E.g. I use three custom modes for day, evening and night time.

Edit the schedule mode to create time slots that use the custom modes created. I prefer to use the App as it is easier than using the web browser.

Then manually change modes as required when leaving or returning home.

Hope this helps.
ZahidHafeez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Users

I am still not able to setup the scheduled activation of the cameras as requested in my original request. I would appreciate if kindly advise me the step by step instructions in this regard.

Thanks and Regards

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have a read of the technical manual found on the arlo support site.
Good luck.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation