Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 46 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
atom5583
Initiate
Initiate

I just set up all the devices.  Everything was successful.  Want to add a friend.  They created account and I sent invite to that email address.  When they log in they see no devices.  On my account it still says their request is pending.  There is nothing for my friend to accept.  Am I missing something?

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi atom5583,

Did they click on the invite link when they received the email?

atom5583
Initiate
Initiate

yes.  they created an account and then couldn't see anything i had set up already.  It was just like it was a brand new account.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try removing their grant access and re-add again to see if that works.

Ralegna
Initiate
Initiate
I’m actually having the exact same problem~ sent my husband an invite, he clicks on the link and logs in on the Arlo app and no cameras show up but only an “Add Device” option. Have re-tried several times. Please advise.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Ralegna,

Make sure that you choose the cameras through the grant access page that you want to share with your husband.

phr1
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same problem  Have gone thru correctly all the steps on mobile devices and computers and the invitation stays as pending.  I believe something is not working with the arlo software

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi phr1,

Did they click on the invite link when they received it through email? And make sure that you choose the cameras through the grant access page that you want to share.

NoelleH
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. Followed all instructions, my husband can’t see our cameras at all. It looks like a brand new set up. Please help, he wants to take them back.
Ralegna
Initiate
Initiate
Hello! Just wanted to say that we were finally able to set my husband up so that he can access and see everything too. Not sure why it finally worked but I had to delete the “friend request,” which would negate the “join” permission given in the previous email sent to him. Thus may not all be the correct words/terminology as it all occurred a few weeks ago so I can’t recall exactly. I went through this a few times- may’ve 4 or 5- deleted, sent email attempting to add him, then repeated that cycle, as it wasn’t working. Then one day it finally worked.
*IMPORTANT— If you have an Arlo System at two different residences, unless you want to pay a subscription fee, both you as the administrator, and your added “friends,” have to use a different email address for each residence/system. I hope this works for you. If not, you could call Arlo for help. We had to call them a while back for something on our primary home system and they were quite helpful. 🙂
Sdmiii
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem as well. New setup is working, followed all instructions to add wife, gets invite, logs in and cannot see camera, base station. Looks like asking for new setup. Tried numerous times. Any assistance appreciated. 

rbeca78
Initiate
Initiate
I am having this same issue!!!! I have invited, deleted, re-invited, deleted, sent invite to a second address, deleted.....well.....you get the point. My husband has no access to these cameras we spent almost $1,000 on!!!!! Please tell me how his access can be granted. This is ridiculous.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

gshunta
Initiate
Initiate

Purchased Arlo Esstential Kit today from Best Buy. Same issues as other report.  I created an administrator account for myself works just fine.  Tried creating an account for wife through grant access. Select all cameras send invitation. She accepts invitation created an account logs in and NOT able to see devices.  Please advise.

Thank you. 

Amy_S
Aspirant
Aspirant
The friend needs to create their own account (using their own email and password) before accepting the invite to join

Have the friend create a “new account” with their own email address and password (either online or by downloading the app) then send them the invite to join your account, once they click the link in the email (after creating their own “new account”) they will be asked to sign back in using their own information and then they should see the option to add existing devices. If not, make sure the friend is using the same WiFi network that the device(s) are on in which they’re trying to add (note: if prompted during setup, allow permission for the device to locate other devices on the home data network).
Hope this helps someone else!
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 46 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation