Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sent grant access to wife's phone but shows invitation pending on iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ghassett
Tutor
Tutor

I sent a friend access to my wife’s phone. Both IPhones. She received the invitation, has active app installed, but there is nothing to accept the invitation. Status on my account shows invitation pending.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ghassett
Tutor
Tutor
I would like to say I know exactly how I fixed the problem, but I’m not 100% sure. If you remember when set up your system you got a number (push) sent to you to verify your account. This is what should happen when you try to add a friend. For some reason, maybe IPhone 10, maybe recent update that 5-6 digit code does not show up so that the friend can verify (accept the invite). The way we did it was to open up the invite email on an IPad. This showed the verification code which we entered and ultimately showed an accepted status. I don’t know if it’s a setting in the phone , Arlo software or an IOS update problem. Good luck.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
randala
Initiate
Initiate

Noticing the same thing. Doesn't matter where I send the invite from, nothing happens when my wife clicks on the link in the email to accept the invite. 

Ghassett
Tutor
Tutor
I would like to say I know exactly how I fixed the problem, but I’m not 100% sure. If you remember when set up your system you got a number (push) sent to you to verify your account. This is what should happen when you try to add a friend. For some reason, maybe IPhone 10, maybe recent update that 5-6 digit code does not show up so that the friend can verify (accept the invite). The way we did it was to open up the invite email on an IPad. This showed the verification code which we entered and ultimately showed an accepted status. I don’t know if it’s a setting in the phone , Arlo software or an IOS update problem. Good luck.
Ghassett
Tutor
Tutor
P.S. once the account was verified via the IPad the cameras could be accessed via the phone without an issue. Once you verify an account (e-mail) you can use any device to log in and use all of the options the administrator lets you.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation