Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wirlybird
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI all,

I am going to sell my 3 camera Arlo Pro2 system.

What do I need to do to reset everything, base station, so the new owner can set it up ok?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All you need to do is to remove all devices, starting with the cameras and finishing with the base, from Settings, My Devices. If you want, also hold the reset button for >10 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber.

jtsc
Guide
Guide
I brought Arlo 2 pro camera and followed instructions to set up by pressing the sync button but no matter how long or short I press the blue light never blinks and basically there's no response at all. What can I do? Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what this has to do with this thread but we need all details to help. Did you claim the base first? Are the batteries charged? WHat base and cameras are you trying to use?

jtsc
Guide
Guide
I use VMB4500 base and the camera is VMC4030P. I press the sync button but the blue light gives no response. How to fix it? Is it defective?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ya gotta answer ALL the questions. And there may be more based on your answers. My first thought is a dead battery but you have to provide ALL details.

jtsc
Guide
Guide
Yes, the battery is charged. I did the first sync while plugging in the change and when I plugged it in the blue light flashing for a moment. I repeat it many times and all the same. I have changed other batteries from those working cameras but it's the same. Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a faulty camera. Swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

GearsofNet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, for a set of second hand Arlo Pro 2s and the basestation, does 'hold the reset button for >10 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber' also removes the base station and cameras from everyone else's accounts?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@GearsofNet wrote:

Hi, for a set of second hand Arlo Pro 2s and the basestation, does 'hold the reset button for >10 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber' also removes the base station and cameras from everyone else's accounts?

The base station must be removed from previous owners account by them since it linked to them.  I believe then you can add the cam to the base after that since it is linked to the base. Not sure where you got them second hand but hopefully the seller will cooperate if the last owner. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation