Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Seeking Recommended Alternatives

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
SadCustomer
Tutor
Tutor
Very Slow connection & No connection to Live View is an ancient unresolved tech problem with Arlo.

Product basic function and performance is fundamentally flawed with gaslighting sales reps & marketeers continuing to take unsuspecting new customers for a ride.
Seeking recommendations for alternatives to Arlo.
3 REPLIES 3
SadCustomer
Tutor
Tutor
Maybe perhaps possibly Arlo is a tolerable introductory camera for small areas with cameras very close to router.
Arlo actually used to work MUCH better many years ago with fast reliable connections.
Now it has degraded with SW firmware patches over the years to being close to useless.
Can’t use as a security product any longer.
Now works like a product designed by criminals not wanting to be caught on camera.
Huge delays. Garbled recordings. No recordings. No reliable Live View for cameras not within a 25 ft of router.

Now seeking a much more reliable higher performing product.
Snowlion
Aspirant
Aspirant

SadCustomer, I could not agree more. Every time I need these cameras to work they don't.

I put a lot of faith and money into 4 cameras and they are not much worth it. Great idea for a product. But in the two years I have owned them they have made no improvements to this products performance. Maybe they are done supporting the Pro 2. 

SadCustomer please let me know what you end up replacing these with I will follow. 

DoNotBuyArlo
Star
Star

Maybe you can consider looking for Eufy. YouTube reviews show more positive than Arlo. I'm getting them on the weekend.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation