Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Security risk Android App disarming my cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Well there is my thinking "wow my arlo pro 2 is working without a false alarm, thats a first"  I go outside at 2:30am to find there is no IR lights on my cameras?  Looking on my app on android I see its removed my scheduals I set, and left them blank, this has resulted in my cameras being disarmed.

Netgear, you need to get your self seriously sorted out, and fast, this is not going to end well for you if your customers are left with disarmed cameras due to your system fails.

security comprimise.png 

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Agreed.  I haven’t seen this as much  recently, but there have been times when updates messed up rules, modes and apparently, schedules.  I manage 29 cameras and it is not at all practical to review all of the settings after each update, even if I had a clue when the updates are taking place.  All we can do is notice a problem and chase it down.  Not good.  Our settings should be protected more robustly.

Alch
Tutor
Tutor

I have similar experience as well.  I went through one month without any issue.  Then, suddenly the system disarmed on its own and I was using schedule mode.  For some reasons, the schedule mode changed the setting and I did not touch anything.  

So, I reset everything.  A week later, it disarmed on its own again!  Then, I hit Schedule mode to see if there is anything wrong and I can't see any setup issues.  Then, the system is armed again. 

Is this software issue?  How do I know if there is an update recently that caused this issue?  Or, is this due to something else? 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I have experienced unexplained rule, and mode changes from time to time.  I have always attributed them to software updates and chastised Netgear for not allowing customers to control the timing of the updates on something so critical as a security system.

i currently use geofencing coupled with schedule and have a problem with one home where geofencing properly arms the system, but at midnight, the system appears to disarm even though the geofencing status has not changed and the mode before and after midnight is the same.  I compliment the flexibility offered by the Arlo system in this area.  It is the best I’ve seen on any camera system, but it needs to work reliably and the settings should not change after an update, as many people have experienced.  I have 29 Arlo cameras at four locations and it is impractical to check the setttings every day to make sure a software update hasn’t changed something when I wasn’t looking.  I have to notice a problem and then fix it....if I can.

Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor
It's very poor that for of all things a security system has flaws it's own software that does the oposite. I feel for those who have invested in loads of cameras. I sent my kit back and went the Blue Iris route, works fantastic and much better in the motion detection area.

Dan
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation