Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
flviberg
Tutor
Tutor
After latest arlo app update schedule does not work, one camera pro2 shows offline but is still detecting and recording when movement. System slow. All reset several times incl routers etc
15 REPLIES 15
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @flviberg

Are you still experiencing this issue with your camera? I was not able to replicate this as described.

flviberg
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, not solved. Camera appears to be offline and not connected in the app but is detecting and recording movement when armed
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove the camera from Settings > My Devices & re-add it?

sleggat
Tutor
Tutor

Check that you still have Schedules set up. I only noticed this morning that my Schedules had been deleted, presumably from a recent app update.

CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shayne

There is something weird going on with the schedules. I have been using the same schedule for a few years now. I have all cameras (including the two indoor cameras - one Pro 2 and one original Arlo 720P) active at night and then all but the front door camera is disabled around 6am.

The last two mornings all cameras have remained active and detecting (and recording) in spite of the schedule clearly showing that the "Front Door Only" mode is active (as per the schedule).

When I manually disarm all cameras and then restart the Schedule, it seems to turn off the cameras that should be off, and revert back to the schedule as programmed.

Before I start modifying my schedule to insert a 5 minute period of disarming everything (to "reset" it), can you please advise if Arlo made any changes 2 days ago that might have caused this. I am in Australia and the first time I saw this was the morning of 25 August 2020 (Australian time), so the "update" would have been between 6am (Australian time) on 24 August and 5am (Australian time) on 25 August.

I do not believe that this is an issue at my end because nothing has changed - no changes to cameras, no changes to schedule, I am running a Pro 2 VBM4000r3 base station, 3x Pro 2 cameras and 2x Arlo cameras, and nothing has changed. There has been no power dips, storms, router resets etc in the last 3 days. And yet the schedule is not working in the same way that it has worked since 2016.

Thanks

Colin

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this error occurring on the iOS Arlo app? If so, please download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.19.2 & test again.

CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shayne

In my case it had nothing to do with the iOS app. I had not opened Arlo on my phone over those few days. The detections and recordings happened from within Arlo, and I check the recordings daily on my desktop (Windows 10).

As I said, I had not changed a thing regarding the schedule for months.

That said, it did not happen this morning - the schedule (still unchanged) seemed to work fine this morning, so there is a glitch within the Arlo system (since I changed nothing).

flviberg
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, tried to remove and connect as new. Base station also reset at set up as new. When connecting the camera the app tells installed correctly but still appears offline. And again, the strange thing is that the camera is actually recording when alarm.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

kiwi_bloke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing  happening here (also in Australia). My schedules are not working properly for the last week or so.....maybe since IOS 14 installed...not sure.  They had been working properly for a couple of years.....and I hadn’t made any changes to them before they started malfunctioning. My four Pro 2 cameras are scheduled to arm between midnight and 5 am, but they don’t arm according to schedule. And if I manually set them to armed after midnight they don’t disarm at 5 am, as the schedule says they should. I have a couple of Arlo lights as well, and their schedule works OK. If I log out/in on the IOS arlo app, the cameras are set according to schedule.

CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have not had a problem for the last month - the schedule seems to be working fine. I have no idea what the glitch was but it only lasted a few days then fixed itself.

I generally only use the schedule (and most of my "viewing") on a Windows 10 desktop, with the iPhone used infrequently, but I don't think it had anything to do with either Windows 10 website "front-end" or the app because my glitch happened without anything changed on either platform. It was all within Arlo.

kiwi_bloke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I think it’s all “within Arlo” too. I’ve rarely used the Win 10 Web Interface to interact with Arlo. I had been a bit suspicious for a week or two that my schedule wasn’t being followed, and that my cameras were not being armed\disarmed according to schedule.  (The stray cat that usually triggers a video recording between midnight and 5am stopped appearing). Confirmed the issue last night when I checked that status of the cameras just after midnight. All were disarmed when they should have been  armed. So I armed them manually, and sure enough the cat came back!. And then cameras didn’t disarm at 5 am as scheduled. Seems raising a ticket with Arlo tech support is a futile exercise, judging by others’ comments. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it spontaneously fixes itself.

mgordon82
Guide
Guide

Same thing has been happening to me within the last week. One camera works and the other shows up, base station recognizes it, but it does not stream. Was picking up movements and recording them but stopped a few days ago. I contacted support and they said the device was faulty with no known reason why. They told me that since it is past the 1 year warranty, they won't even replace it. I believe they are putting out firmware versions to purposely fault the device to stop working to force customers to purchase newer devices. I don't think anything is wrong with the camera besides them having something wrong with the firmware.

They need to fix their firmware and admit they are making the problem worse. I've tried the arlo app, home app in iOS and the arlo website to check if the camera works and all the same issue. Looks like I'm not the only one dealing with this. Maybe I should put all the links to these issues in my already filed BBB complaint. That will get their attention real fast.

CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

I doubt that a BBB complaint would interest them much at all. When an owner sent them a lawyer's letter about the shocking reduction in picture quality with Pro 2 (since April 2020 - another very long thread here), their response was that when we signed up an account we agreed that they could change whatever they liked with zero consultation, and there was nothing we could do about - basically a polite "get stuffed" response.

I really don't think that Arlo gives a damn about their customers anymore and they are just fiddling to improve their bottom line and to hell with how it affects customers. I have seen no evidence (especially in the 500 post thread about video quality) that they are in the slightest bit interested in doing the right thing by customers - they even marked the thread as resolved when it is clearly not.

All we can do is;

• Suck it up.
  • Vote with our feet and buy another system (I am on my second, and almost certainly last, Arlo system).
  • Advise others against Arlo (I have warned two potential buyers off Arlo in the last fortnight).

Good luck.

mgordon82
Guide
Guide

Very unfortunate. Well if anyone has recommendations for a different system, I'm happy to hear about them. I'm trying to find something that WORKS 🙂

Hopefully the word gets around and Arlo has a most brutal and painful slap in the face that ignoring customers will cause their company to collapse....one could only hope. 

I have also detoured people away from Arlo. Best I can do if I HAVE to stick with Arlo, I will buy the product from a store that provides an extended warranty on the product. That way if something happens, at least I'm covered by someone.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation