Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mikean
Follower
Follower

My schedule function is no longer working and the camera is off when schedule says it should be on? Anyone know of a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Mikean,

Have you had the schedule working successfully in the past or is this a new schedule?

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

You don't by chance have SmartThings integrated in to it do you? I had this same sort of trouble when I did that. SmartThings knew I was home and would disarm the system whether I wanted it to or not. Once I removed this integration it seemed to work ok (until today of course, when my cameras aren't sending any video or push notifications.)

Geordie405
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue.  Web application shows following schedule with a custom mode, but the IOS application shows schedule / disarmed.

Only started today (Saturday 13th October) so not sure if there's been a backend update that's messed things up.

Only solution for now seems to be to manually select the mode I want (Armed or Custom) as the schedule option is broken!

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

A weird thing I noticed is that even though my cell location was working properly, the address it thought I was at was in an adjacent neighborhood. I put my address back in, and at least that part seems to be ok now. You might double check to see if you might be having the same issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Geordie405,

Have you tried logging out and back in & uninstall/re install the app?

Geordie405
Tutor
Tutor

I wasn't using the Geolocation mode at the time I was experiencing the issue (and had never used it / configured it) so I don't think the address would have been the cause.  Whatever it was, it had resolved itself as yesterday everything seemed to be back to normal.

Shane, yes, I did try logging out and logging back in but the issue seemed to be as well that even with the web application showing the system in the right mode it still wasn't recording / sending notifications when using the "Schedule" feature.

The web interface (i.e. https://arlo.netgear.com) was showing that the system was using the correct custom mode for the schedule based on the date and time.  The IOS application was also showing it was using the schedule, but that it was disarmed - even though the schedule itself does not include any time when the system is disarmed.  It is either fully "Armed" or following a custom mode where only the outside cameras are active.

Hope that helps!  Either way, everything now seems to be fine.  I have started using the Geofence mode as well and it seems to be working ok too.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation