Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Running arlo pro2 plugged 24/7 question

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Solvain
Initiate
Initiate

I need my arlo pro 2 cameras to be plugged 24/7 as there is too much activity as to have them running with batteries. What voltage should the charger have? I tried using the charger of my iPhone 8 (with the arlo cable) and it didn’t work... is 5 v ok? Do I need 9? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Solvain wrote:
I need my arlo pro 2 cameras to be plugged 24/7 as there is too much activity as to have them running with batteries. What voltage should the charger have? I tried using the charger of my iPhone 8 (with the arlo cable) and it didn’t work... is 5 v ok? Do I need 9? Thanks!

The camera will run on 5v but I don't believe it will charge the battery.

You want to use a Qualcomm compatible (e.g., Quickcharge) dual voltage charger that puts out at least 1.5a @ 5v and 1.1a @ 9v.

Arlo sells both indoor and outdoor chargers for it.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

@Solvain wrote:

The camera will run on 5v but I don't believe it will charge the battery.

It does here.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Believe there was a hw change along the way with the newer Pro2s using 5v in ( due to charging circuit internally )

as the Pro def needs the dual voltage of 5/9v ( but still should run on 5v )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Solvain
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the response. I find it odd that with my iphone charger the cameras used to work just fine and I don't know why now they don't. I tried a regular 5v charger (thanks to all of your tips!!) and they work just fine.... it is very odd.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation