Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jordo64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Around Christmas time in 2020, I added a fifth camera to my system. It added to my device list, but never recorded even one video. I checked further, and it never added to my armed status. This was a couple of months after I added it to my system.

I investigated, and found suggestions to remove and re-add the camera and then to reboot the whole system if that didn’t work. I tried both of those things, no success.

I found a work-around, which is to create my own custom status. I can manually add all five cameras to my custom status with no issues. The only problem is that the system will sporadically remove the rule for this fifth camera, and I have to go back and re-add its rule again. The connection strength is not an issue, it receives full connection strength and is closer to the base than two other cameras.

Can anyone help? Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Jordo64

Do you see this camera listed under the Rules within Modes > Select base >  Armed (Pencil icon) > Is it listed under Rules?

Jordo64
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, it isn’t listed as a rule in the armed setting and I have no option to add it. I CAN add it as a rule to my custom mode, but it gets removed sporadically. I always have the option to re-add it in the custom mode, though.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jordo64

Everything was received, the team is investigating the issue & I will provide another update as soon as possible. Thank you for all the information provided, it was very helpful.

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jordo64

I just wanted to let you know the dev team is still working on this issue. I did want to check in as well to confirm that you are still experiencing this issue & nothing with recent app updates has made anything change?

Thank you

Jordo64
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, no change at all. Thanks for continuing to work on this, it is an annoyance!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

This issue should be fixed now, can you reboot your base station and try and recreate your camera rules.

Jordo64
Aspirant
Aspirant
I rebooted and recreated rules last night, and the camera is still on there this morning. That’s the longest it has worked in quite a while! Thanks for your help, I am hopeful this takes care of it!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation