Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide
5 days in and I am going to have to return my 4 camera Arlo Pro 2 system this weekend. One camera keeps falling offline and sucking battery, as others have reported. And motion detection is better at picking up cars at 40 ft than people at 20 feet. For 800 bucks they gotta do better than this.. Even if a magic firmware update comes out and fixes things, I won’t have time ample time to know that,
before the return window expires and im stuck with this pile of garbage. Unfortunate, I wanted to like this system.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ryeguy8585,

Have you tried swapping the location of the camera that is having issues with a working camera? It sounds like something at the location could be causing an issue (interference, poor signal strength due to range etc.). Moving a camera that is behaving as expected to that cameras location will help isolate the issue.

JamesC

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's not a location issue.

If you read the many posts about this on the forum you will see that multiple people are having problems with multiple cameras.

It is a product defect which Netgear needs to fix ASAP.

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

ryeguy8585,

Have you tried swapping the location of the camera that is having issues with a working camera? It sounds like something at the location could be causing an issue (interference, poor signal strength due to range etc.). Moving a camera that is behaving as expected to that cameras location will help isolate the issue.

JamesC

As pointed out by the OP above, many people are reporting the same problem and they have tried all suggested remedies (change location, replace battery, plug in etc.) and it didn't help. I am returning my Pro 2 package as well. I understand you will escalate to your engineering team, but our product return period is coming up soon and nobody wants to keep a defective product.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated the feedback on this topic to the product management team. The engineering team is currently investigating the concerns being discussed here and I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Cflocation
Star
Star

Same issue the cameras are utter garbage compared to the Aro Pro

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent firmware update for Arlo Pro 2 has been released that may help address the issue you are experiencing with the camera dropping offline. Be sure your Arlo Pro 2 is update to date with the latest firmware version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation