Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
magnus212
Tutor
Tutor

I am using iPhone 6s and the Arlo app with my arlo PRO 2 with 2 cameras. Since a while back (maybe after a app-update) I’m unable to update the activity zones because the snapshot image used as background in the activity zones-settings is not updated (after relocation) and I cant find any way to update the image. Previously this has been updated automatically when using the camera live. Saw another question about this pointing out the video settings but I can’t find any way to update the snapshot image.
Can you please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Indie78
Guide
Guide
I just got the pro 2 yesterday and best way I found to update snapshot is go to video settings and reverse the image 180. Wait for that to update and show the flipped image then flip back. The Activity Zones will now update too.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

magnus212,

Have you tried to reboot the base station and test again?

Ksw
Star
Star
Looks like they removed the ability to update snapshots in the activity zones and in video settings on Android as well. Oops. It's awesome when upgrades remove functionality...
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have sad that the upgraded software, makes the Activity Zone setup much more harder.

I can not find a way to refresh the snaphot picture.

@magnus212 wrote:

I am using iPhone 6s and the Arlo app with my arlo PRO 2 with 2 cameras. Since a while back (maybe after a app-update) I’m unable to update the activity zones because the snapshot image used as background in the activity zones-settings is not updated (after relocation) and I cant find any way to update the image. Previously this has been updated automatically when using the camera live. Saw another question about this pointing out the video settings but I can’t find any way to update the snapshot image.
Can you please help me?

Indie78
Guide
Guide
I just got the pro 2 yesterday and best way I found to update snapshot is go to video settings and reverse the image 180. Wait for that to update and show the flipped image then flip back. The Activity Zones will now update too.
magnus212
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks! That works for me too.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or tap on the displayed snapshot for a refresh.

magnus212
Tutor
Tutor
That doesn’t work for me.
Indie78
Guide
Guide
Tapping on displayed snapshot does not always work.
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice
Great tip
Melmilliones
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nothing has worked for me 😔
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If tapping the snapshot doesn't update it, use the Invert choice twice. Otherwise, use a browser which has the snapshot icon to refresh.

AvA110
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem with the new app update. Those who designed the new app never used the actual device and just wanted to clear the UI even in expense of loosing functionality
Sonata
Guide
Guide

The odd thing for me is that one camera automatically refreshes without fail, but the second one never refreshes which makes me think it's a hardware issue and that one of my cameras needs to be replaced.

Sonata
Guide
Guide

The snapshot does auto-refresh and can be refreshed manually on the website, but the updated snapshot is still not reflected in the Video Settings on the mobile app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sonata

@AvA110

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running? What Device/Model/OS are you using?

Sonata
Guide
Guide

Arlo app 2.6.3_23000 on Android 8.1.0.  Firmware 1.9.0.0-269

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Android app is up to 2.6.4. Update and try again.

Melmilliones
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The previous person whom I responded to has Android.

Sonata
Guide
Guide

I've updated the app and the snapshot still does not update, not even if I click on the snapshot image which I am guessing is how you initiate a manual refresh?

Sonata
Guide
Guide

I've also just now refreshed the snapshot on the website and upon returning to the app the snapshot still will not update automatically or manually.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now it appears that the best way to refresh the view is to use Video Settings, Invert twice. That should do it for you.

Sonata
Guide
Guide

Okay, thanks.  Odd how it does not refresh as you do see the mechanism of the image reloading on the app when you tap it.

smasty
Tutor
Tutor

I inverted 8 times, it didn't work.  This is really frustrating. 

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation