Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
svtdriver
Guide
Guide

I'm looking to update a camera from the Pro to the Pro 2 to utilize the CVR functionality but without constant power, the CVR isn't possible yet. I have the official Netgear power adapter but that's been recalled.

Netgear,

What's the status of the replacement unit that will allow CVR functionality?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

svtdriver,

I do not have any information on a replacement outdoor power cable/adapter. When I have more information available, I will provide an update.

JamesC

svtdriver
Guide
Guide

Any news on this? I’d like to get a Pro 2 and subscribe to CVR, but obviously would need continuous power. I don’t want to buy the camera without this functionality. 

Shippue
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I just bought a power cable from Amazon!!
Now I’ve seen this, I’m wonderful my why the recall??
Any idea please
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Shippuewrote:
Hi. I just bought a power cable from Amazon!!
Now I’ve seen this, I’m wonderful my why the recall??
Any idea please

What kind of cable, what brand? It wouldn’t possibly be an official Arlo Netgear, I don’t think.

svtdriver
Guide
Guide

Hello? Has Netgear checked out? An ETA on a revised cable would be great. Otherwise, it seems this won't be a feature availble to Arlo Pro 2 users.

svtdriver
Guide
Guide

Well, the lack of a replacement and the silence from Netgear is telling. Looks like we must find another company if we are interested in Cloud DVR service for outside.  Suggestions?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Arlo | Arlo Pro | Power Adapter

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
svtdriver
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the link, but it's only sold via Amazon who is out of stock and has been for a while. Hopefully it surfaces soon.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Wasserstein 15 and 16 ft. Arlo Pro and Pro 2 compatible. One needs to use Arlo power adapter (USB termination) Another model has own power adapter but it sticks out from socket so is clunky. It is tricky to get the connector in properly because the fit is so tight, expansds as going in. Yes Quaalcom dual power.

dgrindle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a VMA4900-100NAS (UPC 606449133615) outdoor power adapter by Netgear (factory new) from Amazon.com. Did I order the replacement or the recalled adapter?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Should be the new version. The original went out of stock months ago. (See above.)

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation