Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cornelbasson
Star
Star

Hello,

I gave my parents access to my Arlo account to view cameras while away on holiday. Since then I have removed their access and they no longer show up on the list for granted access. But yet they still receive geofencing notifications. Under the geofencing settings their phones are still showing but they are not selected. How do I remove their devices from my account. There does not seem to be a way to do this, is this a Netgear back end job?

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update when we hear any new information from the team.

cornelbasson
Star
Star

When can we expect a resolution to this problem? 

777pj777
Star
Star
Hi

I’ve had an Ultra and Pro3 system installed for some time. The reason I have two systems is so one can be on permanently (the Ultra) and the other geofenced (the Pro 3).

I added my partner (another Arlo user) as a friend to my Pro 3 system so that when she or I are in the house, it recognises either of us as geofenced. I didn’t need for her to have access to my cameras, just needed the system to turn off when she was in the house, however Arlo forces you to assign at least one camera to the ‘friend’ user for geofencing to work. I assigned my driveway camera and all worked fine. I then changed the camera assignment to an indoor camera as this meant she would receive less nuisance notifications. However, she still continued to receive push notifications for the previous outdoor camera (driveway). We have since logged her out of her Arlo account, uninstalled and reinstalled the App, restarted and completely removed her as having any friend access from my Arlo account. She is STILL receiving the Push notification from a camera she now has absolutely no association with. How can this be? I assume the push notification has not been deactivated in some way. This is not cool...effectively there is a user that has been removed from all abilities to access this camera and yet is still receiving the push notification. Please advise!

PS - just to add, the camera she is receiving the notifications from is a Pro 3 camera connected to my Ultra hub.
Little_boobah
Tutor
Tutor
I have this same issue! Incredibly annoying and should be fixed immediately since they’ve been removed and it’s a breach of privacy.
cornelbasson
Star
Star

Don't hold your breath. I have multiple support chats with them and I get the same old story every time. We are still looking at this issue

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Following up here to see if anyone is still experiencing the issue where removed grant access users are still receiving Geofencing notifications. If you are still experiencing this issue, please follow up on a new thread and let us know what phone device you're using including the grant access user's phone device as well.

cornelbasson
Star
Star

No that has stopped for me but I am still receiving motion alerts for a system that is not mine with the images of someone else's house, driveway, patio etc etc

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation