Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jjjdavidson
Aspirant
Aspirant

(This isn't specifically about a Pro 2 camera, but I can't find a community board for problems with the cloud storage.)

We removed a Pro 2 device from our VMB4000 base station. Now we've discovered that all the videos it had recorded are missing from our library, through both the app and the web portal. Videos from all our other cameras are still accessible.

We removed the Pro 2 because it malfunctioned: the app and website always said it was turned off, even though it had power. After many attempts to resync and reconnect, including recharging and replacing the battery, we were never able to get it to connect again. Since the camera was now useless, we removed it.

Why have those dozens of videos vanished? How can we regain access to those videos?

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
I would suggest that the missing library videos could be restored if you were able to get the camera added back in.

If the camera is faulty then you will not be able to add it back so the recordings are now lost in the ether.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with your Admin account email and I can try and see what is occurring. 

jjjdavidson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply and please excuse my tardy response.  How do I send a PM?  Instructions say to click on my message count or an envelope icon, but I don't see either of those on any forum page.  Perhaps you could PM me, and I could reply to that? 

jjjdavidson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please disregard my previous reply.  Apparently you have to be at least "aspirant" level on the forums to get an inbox, and my previous reply was enough to boost me to that level.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you double check you have the proper filters set for the device. Can you check if your library is se to Any:  Library > Device > Any 

jjjdavidson
Aspirant
Aspirant

No library filters set, either in the app or the web portal.  I've done an explicit filter reset in both places.

Did you receive the PM I was finally allowed to send?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation