Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Reliability- Arlo Pro 2 Intermittent Connectivity

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
matthewjsteele
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only owned a three camera/base station Arlo Pro 2 for three months.  No issues leading up to this.

Day 1, morning- all cameras offline although ISP verifies internet working and other electronic devices working without issue.  Contact Arlo multiple times, attempt all usual/basic troubleshooting, they report a defective base station.  RMA for new base station.

Same day - contact ISP to come to home to check/ensure all lines/equipment/etc in working order.

Day 2 - ISP comes to home, verifies all lines intact, modem & wireless router working w/out issues.  5ghz running @ 100 mbps, 2.4ghz just below that.  NEW RMA'd Arlo Pro 2 base station arrives, plug in, install, states no internet connectivity.  Leave plugged in, at some point during the evening internet connectivity per the base station is working.  Cameras re-synced and able to stream.  Takes longer than usual to buffer for cameras.  

Day 3 - highly variable/intermittent internet connectivity as reported per the base station.  NO issues with any other devices.  At times, the cameras will stream, but usually are either 1) take a long time to buffer and time out OR 2) show that the internet is connected/working via the base station BUT the app/webpage states the base station is offline.

After nearly 10 calls to tech support I am beyond frustrated.  I've hard cycled power on all devices, replaced ethernet cables to everything, ensured all connections patent, ensured ports 443 and 80 open on wireless router.  I am literally sitting here with a $400 paperweight.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
matthewjsteele
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible the connection between the base and cameras is the issue. The exact location and the construction of the house can cause this as well as 2.4GHz interference from other wireless devices such as cordless phones. Also, some folks hve had success in moving the base further from the router to resolve their issues.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation