Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Red alarm icon?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

In my "settings" I see next to the Base Station a red icon (see below)

What does this mean?

If it is an alarm or siren, how do I turn it off?

Capture.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes, it's the base station siren.

You can turn it off via the app or web interface with the drag down menu in the devices tab

You've probably already found that you can edit a rule and add the siren to be triggered when motion/audio is detected by a camera

Here's old photos of the app for the alarm controlScreenshot_20180312-083441.jpgScreenshot_20180312-083454.jpg

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

When I pull down that tab, it asks if I want to "Activate siren"  If I choose this, will the siren go off?

I want to deactivate it.

So, if it is displaying the red siren icon (as in above post) does that mean that if the camera picks up any motion, the siren will go off?

I'd love to totally disable this siren. I have no use for it & don't need it accidently going off in the middle of the night, or if I'm not home.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you have no rules that tell the siren to be activated and never pull down the menu, click siren, click activate siren then there is no reason the siren should ever go off

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the help. So, the appearance of the red siren icon means nothing?

Capture.JPG

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I can't see your pic til a moderator authorises it but yes, the icon is just showing that the siren is a device that can be triggered just like another camera or a security light when another device detects motion or audio. If you never use it in a rule (and don't turn it on manually), you should never hear it or have to worry about it

jimharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same alarm icon... but why is it there if I didn't turn some thing on... for 8mths didn't see this.

the same icon is next to sign off on mobile app.

thanks

jim

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The icon is new but it's there 1) so you CAN use it if you desire and 2) it replaces the gray bar previously used for the app which other folks whined about.

Damne if you do, damned if you don't.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation